Ir al contenido principal

This is Friendship

(Abajo Español)

"It is one of the severest test of friendship to tell your friend of his faults. If you are angry with a man, or hate him, it is not hard to go to him and stab him with words; but so to love a man that you cannot bear to see the stain of sin upon him, and speak painful truth through loving words--this is friendship. Our enemies usually teach us what we are, at the point of the sword" —
Henry Ward Beeche.

I woke up this mooring thinking of friends and mistakes. Mistakes that have cost me friendships.

I know, and I'm sure, I may have not always be there for my friends in the way they had needed me to be; indeed, some times I have opened my mouth when it was time to be in silence and listen. I'm harsh, imprudent and moody; likewise, not always notices my falls and usually feel that I'm right! However, I believe, I'm able to deal with my mistakes and humbly recognize when I have done wrong, trying to be a better person and, if possible, a better friend.

For those of you that are able to speak to me painful truth through loving words, - THANK YOU!. Your friendship keeps helping me to be a better person, and I'm sorry if I have hurt you anyway.

To those of you that angry at me have found easy to "stab" me with words and walk away- I'M SORRY!, yet I thank you for showing me a painful truth I hope will help me to be a better friend to others.

---------
"Es una de las más severas pruebas de una amistad decirle a un amigo de sus faltas. Si usted está enojado con un hombre, o le odia, no es difícil acercarse a él y golpearle con palabras; pero amar a un hombre tanto que no se puede soportar ver una mancha de pecado sobre él, y decirle una verdad dolorosa a través de palabras amorosas - esto es amistad. Nuestros enemigos nos enseñan por lo general lo que somos, en la punta de una espada "Henry Ward Beeche

Me desperté esta mañana de pensando en amistades y errores. En los errores que me han costado amistades.

Yo sé, y estoy segura, de que puede que no siempre haya estado ahí para mis amigos en el modo en que debía, de hecho, algunas veces he abierto la boca cuando era momento de callar y escuchar. Soy dura, imprudente y de mal humor. Así mismo, no siempre me doy cuenta de mis culpas y por lo general siento que estoy en lo correcto acerca de todo. Sin embargo, creo, que soy capaz de hacerle frente a mis errores y con humildad reconocer que he hecho mal, tratando de ser mejor persona y, si es posible, mejor amigo.

Para aquellos de ustedes que son capaces de decirme la dolorosa verdad a través de palabras de amor, - ¡GRACIAS!. Su amistad me ayuda a ser una mejor persona, y lo siento si en el proceso los he herido.

Para aquellos de ustedes que enojados conmigo han encontrado fácil el "apuñalarme" con palabras y terminar la amistad-¡Lo siento!, y les doy las gracias por mostrarme una verdad dolorosa, que espero me ayude a convertirme en un mejor amigo para los demás.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

The hurt ego of a dyslexic

Warning: this post most likely will have more than one spelling and grammar mistake The last 3 years living in the US has brought many challenges and changes to my life (or are life?). I lived for around 25 years with bad spelling without care. Family members, classmates, coworkers, and acquaintances did make fun of me from time to time, and the middle school spelling contests are still part of my nightmares. However, my bad spelling never stooped my academic and professional achievements nor affected my daily life, until 2009. I moved to the USA in 2009, before that I never felt the need to tell every single person that my spelling was poor even though my spoken English is pretty good. I didn't have to tell anyone that I am dyslexic, in fact, some of my friends maybe don't even know that or that growing up I spent almost two afternoons per week on therapy for my dyslectic dysgraphia.   When I was a kid in therapy I used to play many, many memory games. The therapis...

The outdoor magic

I love my beautiful Colombia. I'm 100% proud of said: I'm Colombian and that Colombia is a great country, with lots of faces, both good and bad. All the goods and bads make the country a special place, a place really enjoyable for live, love and play, so don't get me wrong with this but: Live in USA rocks! Yes, I said it: Life in USA Rocks! but not for any of the reasons that a lot of people have the "American Dream", in fact often I realize that life here can be even harder than in Colombia, a "3rd wold country". I'm not saying the USA rocks because of the malls, the clean streets, the feeling of safety, or the Calvin Klein outlets. I'm saying it rocks for how easy it is camping and scape to nature; how easy it is enjoying the outdoor magic! I was a boys scout ( in Colombia it is unisex), so I can say the I knew what camping was, and thanks to my family, I was able to enjoy the countryside often, I even have a funny story about the last ti...

Ghost friends

When I was a single woman if after a couple of dates with a guy he started to not call me, nor to appear on the weekends, we were over. No more dating and not even care about that boy anymore. I'll take him out of the key chain! and eventually move on. I'll still talk with him from time to time, but I'll no care.  Now, What to do with a ghost friend? the type of friend that is never around, and when is around is because is "connivance" for him. That friend you feel you can not ask for anything because you never know what to expect. That friend that just call you when is single again. Can you say then that those types of friends don't show interest in you?; therefore should you brake up with then and move on?  In general, we have this idea of friends are unconditional, and we don't have to be around each other in order to be a good friend. It is also common to think that you have different types of friends; for example, some friends are your confidants, o...